BEST BOOKS OF 2022!

Now I'm being positive!

These are all 5 stars books I read this year. 

I recommend all of these!

For the first half I will just write what I thought of them and put a link to their Goodreads page so you can read their plot summary, but everything after starting with Where the Mountain meets the Moon will just be a list with no summary, as I already have blog posts for those you can check out for my full thoughts. I will be linking their respective posts. (Except the Babymouse books, the Shadow Children books, and volumes 2 and 3 of Heartstopper will have Goodreads pages and write their summary here since I read those before Meets the Moon, or they are sequels and I can't talk about spoilers). 

1. Frindle by Andrew Clements.

Goodreads page here. 

This was such a short book, but so interesting! I loved how creative and funny Nick and his friends were to challenge their English teacher Mrs. Granger regarding dictionaries and words. I've started calling ball point pens frindles too. 

2. Kisses and Croissants by Anne-Sophie Johanneau.

Goodreads page here.

This was such a sweet book! It feels like it was written specifically for me. It has everything I love in it: ballet, a romance you can totally root for, French culture, friendship, and family. I will be reading more from this author!

3. I'll be the One by Lyla Lee.

Goodreads page here. 

Again, another book that feels like it was written specifically for me. It actually got me interested in Kpop! I also learned some tidbits about Korean culture here and there, and then there is great LGBT and plus-sized rep. The story does get pretty serious at times, but it is such a great rec for lovers of kpop and romance. Lyla Lee is not one of my fave authors!

4. Instructions for Dancing by Nicola Yoon.

Goodreads page here.

Another masterpiece by one of my favorite authors. It was a very emotional read, but a beautiful story about living your life to the fullest. My favorite characters were Archie and Maggie--the owners of the dance studio. 

5. Among the Imposters by Margaret Peterson Haddix.

Goodreads page here.

The sequel to Among the Hidden which I read last year in 2021. I can't talk about it here since I haven't yet talked about the first book. Sometime next year I will!

6. Shoeshine Girl by Clyde Robert Bulla.

Goodreads page here.

Another very short book but very impactful. The main character is a tad annoying at first but she develops into being a better person. I also learned about shoeshining!

7. Smile by Raina Telgemeier.

Goodreads page here.

Great, relatable graphic novel for all ages. Really reminded me of my middle school days, and it's not just because I wore braces at around the same time. 

8. Drama by Raina Telgemeier.

Goodreads page here.

This is an original story instead of an autobiography which the author is usually known for. Great quick read, and not just for theatre kids. 

9. Where the Mountain meets the Moon by Grace Lin.

Blog post here.

10. Mandy by Julie Andrews.

Blog post here.

11. Loveless by Alice Oseman 

Blog post here.

12. Babymouse Queen of the World by Jennifer Holm

Goodreads page here.

It's such a short book but it made me laugh. I love it whenever Babymouse says "typical" in an annoyed tone. It seems at first like it's a shallow book about wanting to become popular, but it has a great lesson at the end about just being yourself. 

13. Do Nothing by Celeste Headlee

Blog post here.

14. Nancy Drew The Secret of the Old Clock by Carolyn Keene

Blog post here

15. Escape from Mr. Lemoncello's Library by Chris Grabenstein

Blog post here.

16. Cake Pop Crush by Suzanne Nelson

Blog post here

17. Girl from the Sea by Molly Ostertag

Blog post here

18. Babymouse Our Hero by Jennifer Holm

Goodreads page here

I gotta say this about Babymouse: I might be reading them for the first time as an adult, but it really makes me feel like a kid again. Very relatable book for those who aren't good at sports! Like myself!

19. A Snake Falls to Earth by Darcie Little Badger

Blog post here

20. Flip the Script by Lyla Lee

Blog post here

21. Among the Betrayed by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Goodreads page here

Same deal as Among the Imposters.

22. Heartstopper Volumes 1, 2, and 3

Blog post for Volume 1

Goodreads page for 2

Goodreads page for 3

My new favorite series of all time. Alice Oseman is one of my new favorite authors ever!

23. Mooncakes by Wendy Xu and Suzanne Walker 

Blog post here

24. Muggie Maggie by Beverly Cleary 

Blog post here

25. Baba Yaga's Assistant by Marika McCool

Blog post here

26. Bone Volume #1 by Jeff Smith 

Blog post here


That is all! What was your most favorite book you read this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review