I READ THE VERY FIRST NANCY DREW BOOK EVER

 


I just read the very first Nancy Drew novel ever: The Secret of the Old Clock.

I've known about Nancy Drew by Carolyn Keene for a very long time, I just didn't read one until now. 

Apparently there are over 500 Nancy Drew books published in the last several decades. I'm probably only going to read the original series. Luckily the books are really short and largely episodic. So you don't actually have to read them in order. I just started with the first one. I'm glad to report that I enjoyed it! 

Of course, keeping it spoiler free, in this book we are introduced to 18-year old Nancy Drew solving her very first case ever. She takes on after her father, who is a lawyer, and gets a lot of his help throughout her adventure.

Nancy is trying to uncover the mystery behind a supposed second will that an eccentric rich man in her community named Josiah Crowley left behind to his relatives and some friends of his. For some reason, the only known will that Crowley wrote before he died was given to the Tophams, an already rich but very haughty family that he worked with once in a while. Nancy meets two families that had connections to Josiah Crowley: the Turners and the Hoovers, and some relatives of his: Abby Rowen and Fred and William Matthews. They are all struggling financially and can't understand why Crowley would leave his will to the nasty Tophams and not them.

At the same time that is all happening, Nancy is trying to find some thieves that stole a bunch of furniture and belongings that belonged to the Turners and the Tophams. One of the things they stole was an antique clock that belonged to Josiah Crowley, and, according to Abby Rowen, there might be a clue in there to the second will he most likely wrote. (Secret of the Old Clock, huh?)

I gave this book 5 stars. It was such a beautifully crafted and intriguing mystery novel. Go read it if you haven't already!

Yes, I like Rainbow High. Violet Willow was the very first RH doll I got. 

Did you read any Nancy Drew novels growing up? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review