I FINALLY STARTED READING BONE BY JEFF SMITH

 


I've known about the graphic novel series since I was in elementary school because a lot of kids in my class liked it, but I didn't start reading it until now.

Just like every series I review on here, I will only review the first book without spoilers, and I will occasionally update you all when I am reading the subsequent books. 

The first volume of Bone by Jeff Smith is titled Out from Boneville. Our MCs are the 3 Bone cousins: Fone Bone, Phoney Bone, and Smiley Bone. They got kicked out of Boneville because of some really bad thing mostly Phoney Bone did (he's also a shady businessman). They accidentally become separated when a huge swarm of locusts chase after them. They then all try to survive without each other. We mostly follow Fone Bone (on the cover of this book) as he tries to survive in the huge woods through the winter. He later encounters and even becomes good friends with a young girl named Thorn and her grandmother, and they let him stay on their farm until they can find the other two Bone cousins. At the same time, these creepy giant rat creatures are after Fone Bone for some reason. A mysterious dragon also appears frequently to protect him, too. The Bone cousins will eventually learn there is more to outside Boneville than meets the eye and will be swept up in a fantastical adventure!

I have no words for how awesome this story is. I am hooked! I gotta find and read the next volumes soon. This first book gets 5 stars from me.

The artwork is gorgeous too. The designs for the characters are especially unique. Some characters are drawn really minimalistically, while others are drawn with more detail. For me it kind of looked like western cartoons meets anime! 

Do you like high fantasy stories too?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review