Double Identity Review


 Another book by one of my favorite authors ever! I bought this copy at a used bookstore in my area. This is a reminder to support independent bookstores, especially if they sell second-hand! 

Double Identity by Margaret Peterson Haddix is about almost-thirteen-year-old Bethany whose overprotective parents have started acting strangely, and they just sent her to live with an aunt she never knew she had, named Myrlie. Bethany's parents also won't answer her phone calls, either, for some reason. Everyone in her aunt Myrlie's small town also react strangely every time they see Bethany, too. Her aunt Myrlie and her cousin Jocelyn, treat her very kindly, but Bethany feels like they're hiding something from her. Something involving someone named Elizabeth...

Yup, another mind-boggling mystery story! This one really had me on the edge of my seat. 

But I am giving it 4.5 stars. I had to take off half of a star because I didn't really like the way they handled the bad guy at the end. The book does have a happy ending, but I felt they could've dealt with the bad guy better. Either way, it was another awesome book! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review