Classics Book Tag

So I first saw this tag over on the YouTube channel of Mara from bookslikewhoa (check out her video here!), but the tag is originally from another book blog It's a Books World (the original post here). 

As always, I never tag anyone, so feel free to do this tag if you see it! I'd love to see your answers.

1. An overhyped classic you did not like. 

Yikes, I have too many answers for this one! I've already said Pride and Prejudice before in two other book tags I did (the first time I did the Unpopular Opinions book tag and Musicals Go Bookish tag), so I will go with another one I didn't like that I haven't mentioned yet, and that's The Outsiders by SE Hinton. I had this book as a required reading way back in middle school and I thought the story was sooo sad! Even my 12 year old self couldn't understand why we had to read it for school. Even now as an adult I would not consider reading it for fun. Reading about gangs fighting each other is sooo not my thing. 

2. Favorite time period to read about.

I seem to mostly like the Victorian era and the early 20th century era (pre-1950s). 

3. Favorite fairy tale?

Cinderella!

4. What is a classic you're embarrassed you haven't read yet?

Little Women. I've known about this book ever since I was a kid and I still haven't read it! I don't know when I will get around to it, but I hope to soon.

5. Top 5 classics you would like to read soon.

As of right now: A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett, Black Beauty by Anna Sewell, To The Lighthouse by Virginia Woolf, The Trumpet of the Swan by EB White, and North and South by Elizabeth Gaskill. 

6. Favorite modern book/series based on a classic.

This is not really that modern (it's from 1999) and it's a retelling of a fairy tale, and that's Just Ella by Margaret Peterson Haddix! It's a feminist retelling of Cinderella. It's one of my favorite books of all time and I highly recommend it if you haven't read it already.

7. Favorite movie/tv series based on a classic.

The 90s version anime series of The Moomins

8. Worst movie/tv series based on a classic.

While I also didn't like the book, I do think the 2011 movie version of Jane Eyre is pretty badly made. 

9. Favorite edition(s) you'd like to collect more of.

Yeah, here's the thing: I am not picky about certain editions of any books. All I care about is getting my hands of any copy of any story I want to read.

10. An underhyped classic you'd recommend to everyone:

Aside from the Blue Castle by LM Montgomery, I also recommend Agnes Grey by Anne Bronte!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review