Finally read Children of Exile!


 
 I was looking for this book by Margaret Peterson Haddix for so long, and I was so happy when my local library system started carrying it and the other two books in the series (which I will be reading after this). So what did I think?

Children of Exile is about a twelve year old girl named Rosi. She and her little brother Bobo grew up in a peaceful, utopian town called Fredtown. Everybody in her town are raised by foster parents called "Freds". 

But one day, the Freds tell everyone that they will be sent home to their birth parents whom they've never met. When Rosi and the rest of the children are sent home, they quickly see how dystopian and unsafe it is. Their birth parents (well, all the parents in the community) also seem to be on edge the whole time for some reason. 

Rosi and Edwy, a boy she recently rekindled her friendship with, end up uncovering a huge conspiracy about the town, and why all of the children went to live in Fredtown the first several years of their lives. 

Yeah, like all of Haddix's books, once I started reading it, I could not put it down. The reveal at the end was a shocker, too. I gave it 5 stars

Also, its been a while since I took a picture with one of my rainbow high dolls. I still love Rainbow High, except now I'm just watching the cartoon instead of collecting more of their dolls. 
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Poem for Hatsune Miku

Update on Favorite Books series

March Wrap Up