Unpopular Opinions Book Tag 2024 Edition

 I also do this tag every year in September!

If you choose to do this tag, I hope to see your answers.

1. A popular book or series you didn't like. 

As always, I have too many answers for this one. I guess I'll have to go with one I read this year that was pretty disappointing: Josee, The Tiger, and The Fish by Seiko Tanabe.

2. A book/series a lot of people don't like, but you liked. 

I think these two books are more divided than widely disliked. They are The Vanishing Half by Brit Bennett and A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I really liked those two books, especially A Little Princess!

3. A love triangle where the main character ended up with the person didn’t want them to end up with/an OTP that you don’t like.

I will try to keep it as spoiler-free as possible, but let's just say I do not like who Xingyin (the MC) ends up with in Heart of the Sun Warrior (the sequel to Daughter of the Moon Goddess) by Sue Lynn Tan. Very disappointing ending! 

4. A popular genre you hardly reach for.

Still sci-fi. Although I am currently reading A Psalm for the Wild Built by Becky Chambers and I'm loving it! 

5. A popular or beloved character you do not like.

Maybe Frieren, the MC of the Frieren manga series by Kanehito Yamada. In general, I fell out of love with the series and don't care to continue it because of Frieren herself. 

6. An author whose books that you couldn't get into.

She's not an author I read from this year but I have DNF'd two of her books last year: Tillie Walden.

7. A popular book trope you're tired of seeing.

I can't think of any this time!

8. A popular book/series you have no interest in reading.

Too many to name. I guess I will go with Maid by Stephanie Land (it's a memoir). 

9. What movie/tv show adaptation is better than the book/series it's based on?

To All the Boys I Loved Before. I really disliked the book (I will review it soon), but the movie changed all of the problems I had with the original story. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review