Popular Books I Didn't Like Part 2

 Yup, here we go again! Let's see if you can relate to any of these. Or if I ruffle your feathers.

Here's Part 1 in case you missed it.

1. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee. Goodreads summary here. The subject matter was too heavy for me in this book. 1 star.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. Goodreads summary here. I actually do understand why people like this book and its series as a whole, as it is well written and has good messages, but I personally did not enjoy it. I do not like reading about teenagers fighting and dying on live tv, especially if it's something their corrupt government has them do. Too morbid for me. 2 stars. 

3. Divergent by Veronica Roth. Goodreads summary here. The pacing of the story is so bad. There were also many parts in the worldbuilding that didn't make any sense. 1 star.

4. Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Patterson. Goodreads summary here. Even as a kid I remember this book being really boring. The only parts I remember are when one the characters shouts really loudly on the school bus that they have Twinkies, and then that really sad ending. I can't see myself giving this book another chance. 2 stars. 

5. Found by Margaret Peterson Haddix. Goodreads summary here. What?! A Haddix book?! Yeah, hear me out. While she is still a favorite author, this is one of my least favorite books from her. It was very hard to get through and I remember the time travel stuff being confusing. 2 stars

6. Warriors: Into the Wild by Erin Hunter. Goodreads summary here. I remember the series as a whole being super popular with several of my classmates in elementary school, including a couple of my friends, but I could not get into this series. I can't even remember what happened in this first book. The story was mostly boring, and I found the whole thing with the cats in their clans confusing. 2 stars.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review