Popular Books I Don't Like Part 1

😬 Time to ruffle some feathers!

This is a new series where I just briefly talk about some random books I didn't like. Let's see if you can relate.

Note: These are not books I've read this year. This is just a list of some books I've read in my life so far that I didn't like or even despised (so 2 star and 1 star books). I also read all of them in their entirety, so no DNFs on here, either. This will be the case for all the books in this series of posts.

1. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. 1 star. Summary from Goodreads here . I found this book to be chock-full of pure mean-spirited, misogynistic, ableist garbage! 

2. 1984 by George Orwell. 1 star. Summary from Goodreads here. Same reasoning as Brave New World. 

3. Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck. 1 star. Summary from Goodreads here. Same reasoning as Brave New World and 1984. 

4. The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald. 2 stars. Summary from Goodreads here. The book's premise seemed interesting but the story itself was sooo boring! 

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. 2 stars. Summary from Goodreads here. Same reasoning as The Great Gatsby. 

6. The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot. 1 star. Summary from Goodreads here. This was so not appropriate at all for a YA book. It made me fill icky. The characters were very unlikable, too. The movie is waaay better!

7. We Are All Completely Besides Ourselves by Karen Joy Fowler. 2 stars. Summary from Goodreads here. This book was too confusing and even boring at times. No likable characters either. I do like the reference to the obscure anime Jungle King Tar-chan though. 

8. These Witches Don't Burn by Isabella Sterling. 2 stars. Summary from Goodreads here. I kind of liked the first half, but I definitely did not the second half. Some parts of the magic system were a little confusing too. I liked the queer rep and how two of the characters are ballerinas, though. But overall disappointing read. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review