Unfamiliar Volume 1 Review


 In the mood for a cute, chill, and funny graphic novel with witches in it? Check this out!

Unfamiliar by Haley Newsome is a slice-of-life, high fantasy graphic novel following a group of friends who are witches: Planchette (on the cover) is a friendly kitchen witch, Pinyon, a witch who calls herself the "worst witch" in town, Babs, a shy witch who is part siren (type of mermaid), and Sun, a witch with a curse who also works multiple jobs and is frequently grumpy. Most of their adventures usually involve Planchette's new house, which is haunted with ghosts who will only leave if they finally have the one thing they always wanted while they were still alive. 

I loved the interactions between the characters, and I loved all the magic, too! I think my favorite thing about this book were the illustrations. 

So it is a 5 star book from me. I can't wait to find and read the next volume!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review