Ultimate Recs Tag

I saw a video a few months ago from the YouTube channel TTreadsYA of them doing the Ultimate Recs Tag. You can follow them on Instagram too: @ttreadsya

Their video is here. Go subscribe to them, their channel needs more love! 

The original creator of this tag and their video is here: https://www.tiktok.com/@dreareads/video/7273524380557200673?lang=en

As always, feel free to do this tag if you see this post!

1. A book that I will always recommend.

Anything I consider underrated is fair game! The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill, Flip the Script by Lyla Lee, and Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier are a few examples. 

2. A book that I will recommend if I think we have similar tastes.

Again, so many choices! Do you like stories that leave you feeling good and uplifted at the end? One great example would be You Should See Me in a Crown by Leah Johnson. 

3. A book that I love, but I wouldn't recommend.

Most classic books, since they tend to have things that don't age well in them. One example is A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett.

4. A book that I didn't like, but would recommend.

Maybe Bridge to Terebithia by Katherine Patterson. I remember my 5th grade teacher reading this book out loud to us in class, and I only remember bits and pieces of it. I found it kind of boring, to be honest. I tried reading it again a few years ago and I couldn't get into it! But the parts I do remember of it really stood out to me (like that sad ending!). I know the book is a childhood favorite for a lot of people, and I can kind of still see why people like it, but overall it wasn't my cup of tea. 

5. A book I wish more people had recommended to me sooner.

The Sun is Also a Star by Nicola Yoon. I read this book in 2019, a few years after it was published. I wondered why nobody in my social circle in real life recommended it to me earlier, because that book was so sweet and it was the book that got me back into reading for fun!

6. A book by an author that I will always recommend.

Running Out of Time by Margaret Peterson Haddix. 

7. A book I wish more people would recommend.

The Magical Boy graphic novel duology by The Kao. 

8. A book that everyone recommends to me that I will always recommend.

She Gets the Girl by Rachael Lippincott and Alyson Derrick

9. A book that everyone recommends to me, but I wouldn't recommend it.

Um... Summer Bird Blue by Akemi Dawn Bowman. I did not like the main character of that book, it made it hard to read (I DNF it!). 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review