MY LOVE FOR BOBA TEA

This is not a typical post as you can tell. I am here just to ramble about my love of boba tea.

I discovered boba tea one day several years ago at H-Mart. I saw some girls drinking it in the food court and I thought it looked really neat. I asked them where they bought it, and they bought it at the bakery inside the store called Tous Les Jours. I went and bought some too, and it was delicious. It was classic milk tea with classic black tapioca bubbles. Very sweet and milky and very chewy bubbles!

Then shortly afterwards a Kung Fu Tea opened up near my house. My dad and I went to try it one evening, and that was where I was exposed to all the kinds of flavors of tea, and other drinks, too, and toppings that weren't just tapioca bubbles. I got an oolong milk tea with mango jelly that first night we went there, and for a while it was my go-to drink at Kung Fu Tea. 

Now  my mom and I go midday as soon as the shop opens, and I try a variety of drink combinations they have to offer. So far I tried some combos such as coconut milk tea with strawberry jelly, and also rosehip milk tea with grape popping bubbles.  Most are very delicious like the two I just mentioned. But I did have a few duds so far, such as the classic milk tea with Oreos. I mean, I don't even know why I bought that one, because I already had tea, milk, and Oreos at my house!

Occasionally my mom and I have tried other local boba tea shops in our area, but none are as good as that Kung Fu Tea near my house. 

My mom even discovered that H-Mart carried some boba tea kits, and she bought some to make out own boba tea at home. The boba tea from the boba tea kits from H-Mart were decent enough, but I missed the variety that the shops had to offer.

Then my mom found the best discovery of them all: it turned out that Costco also sold boba tea kits! In a variety of flavors! I was very excited to try them all. They had the classic milk tea with brown sugar boba and also creme brulee milk tea with caramel boba, but my most favorite teas were the taro milk tea with brown sugar boba and the passion fruit tea with fruity boba. Mmmm, just thinking about them gets my mouth watering. The taro tea is a really light pretty purple color, and the passion fruit one tastes like pineapple fruit punch. 

Currently I do a mix of making my own boba tea from home and going out to buy it. It depends on my mood. 

So I love boba tea! It's one of my special interests aside from reading, anime, and dolls. Do you have any favorite drinks? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review