The Guilty Reader Book Tag

 I don't know who made this tag but it's been floating around on YouTube for a couple of years, and I thought I would do it.

As usual, feel free to do this tag if you see this!

1. Have you ever regifted a book you've been given?

No, I never have. Even if it's a book I didn't particularly like, I often times still keep it because it's the thought that counts of the person who gave it to me. 

2. Have you ever said you read a book when you haven't?

Yes! But I only do that if I have already read a significant chunk of the book but never actually finished it. But I usually do admit it when I DNF a book. 

3. Have you ever borrowed a book and never returned it?

Oh yes. I one time borrowed a copy of Runaway Ralph by Beverly Clearly from my fifth grade teacher and I never returned it. I still have it in my house after all these years. I don't think she ever noticed I never brought it back...unless she's reading this right now (sorry, Miss!). But it's been over a decade so I guess it's no big deal. 😜

4. Have you ever read a series out of order?

Only when I was younger. And only if they were book series that were largely episodic, such as the Junie B. Jones series and The Magic Tree House series. Even those two series often times reference past books, but for the most part you didn't have to read them in order to understand them. 

5. Have you ever spoiled a book for someone?

Yes! For my mom. But my mom doesn't actually care about spoilers because they often times help her understand parts of a story in case she decides to read the story for herself. 

6. Have you ever dogeared a book?

No! I always use bookmarks, even if it's just a blank sticky note or a receipt. 

7. Have you ever told someone you didn't own a book when you did?

Nope. 

8. Have you ever told someone you haven't read a book when you have?

Again, nope. 

9. Have you ever skipped a chapter or a section of a book?

I have! But only when it has something that's too triggering for me.

10. Have you ever badmouthed a book you actually liked?

No! I am always honest about my thoughts on books. 


That is all! Did any of my answers surprise you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review