THE ANTI-TBR TAG

Time for unpopular opinions!

This tag was originally created by Nicole and Her Books over on YouTube. 

As always, feel free to do this tag if you see it!

1. A popular book you have no interest in reading.

Honestly I have so many answers for this one. To give you a single answer, I'm going to have to go with Sadie by Courtney Summers. I remember so many people hyping this book up when it came out a few years ago, and I'm just not interested because I am simply not a fan of murder mystery stories. I was also told the book deals with some other really heavy stuff I wouldn't be able to stomach. So yeah, no Sadie for me. 🤷

2. A classic book or author you have no interest in reading.

Again, too many answers, despite being a classics lover, but this time I'll have to go with War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy. I heard it's a really long book that takes a ton of effort to read, and the story itself is kind of boring. I do want to still read Anna Karenina though!

3. An author you have no interest in reading. 

I'm gonna have to go with Haruki Murakami. I have a really rocky relationship with magical realism in general, and I heard Murakami sucks at writing women. Plus I heard all of his books feel exactly the same. So not my cup of tea!

4. A problematic author you have no interest in reading. 

Whooo... there are many out there, but to keep it short I will say Orson Scott Card. I will never support anyone homophobic. Enough said. 

5. An author you read a couple of books from and decided they're not for you.

This is going to shock a lot of people but...Taylor Jenkins Reid. I tried reading her two most popular books The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo and Daisy Jones and the Six and I could not get into them because I didn't like her writing style. I felt like she did way too much telling instead of showing. It felt like she was just spoon-feeding the reader everything she wanted them to take away from the book and I found it kind of condescending. It's a shame because these are probably two of the bookish community's most beloved books but yeah her her overly simplistic writing style really turned me off. 

6. A genre you have no interest in or a genre you tried to get into and couldn't?

Mystery thrillers. 

7. A book you have bought but will never read? (Or a book you checked out from the library but returned it unread).

Blue Ocean Strategy. I checked it out from the library several months ago and I never got around to reading it before I had to return in. For some reason my interest in it waned over time. Which is weird because it's a book all about marketing, which I love, but I haven't really been in the mood for too much nonfiction recently. 

8. A series you have no interest in reading, or a series you have tried and DNF?

I've got plenty. I have no interest in the Selection series, any of Brandon Sanderson's series such as Mistborn, The Wheel of Time series, The Outlander series, or The Mortal Instruments series. Some series I won't be continuing are the Hunger Games, Divergent, and Twilight. Yeah, a lot of mainstream ones here!

9. A new release you have no interest in reading. 

Yeah here's the thing: I almost never keep up with new releases unless it's by an author I like. So I don't have an answer for this one. 

That is all! Which one of my answers shocked you the most? Or do you agree with any? Which books are on your anti tbr? 😂

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review