AN UPDATE ON HOW I WILL REVIEW THE REST OF HEARTSTOPPER

 

So here's the thing: I have been reading the Heartstopper graphic novel series by Alice Oseman and I have been absolutely loving them! But I realize I can't talk about the rest of the series without getting into actual spoilers, so I've decided to make this review post very unorthodox and tell you what you will find in volumes 2 and 3 as vaguely as possible.

You will find:
  • Characters deepening their relationships
  • Characters understanding themselves better
  • More character backstories
  • Friendship struggles
  • A birthday party at a bowling alley
  • Standing up to bullies
  • A class trip to Paris, France
  • A lot and a lot of communication...and healing
Noticed how I didn't specify any character names. That's for you to find out! Feel free to discuss volumes 2 and 3 in the comments with me if you read them already. 

Also, although I didn't get into detail here, there are MASSIVE trigger warnings for these two books which include: forced outing, homophobia, biphobia, bullying, self harm, and eating disorders. Luckily, they are all handled well, but please read with caution. 💓

What other LGBT books do you like? Got any more recommendations for me? I'd love to hear them! 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review