Listen To Your Heart by Kasie West Spoiler-Free Review

 


I just finished reading Listen to Your Heart by Kasie West. This is sweet and cute YA contemporary novel. 

It's kind of hard to give a simple summary on what happens in this book aside from the romance, but in this book, you will find (without getting into spoilers): 
  • Our MC named Kate, loves lake activities and her family has a lake activity business that she wants to one day take over.
  • Kate's BFF, Alana, is outgoing, loves to cook, and has a crush on a guy named Diego.
  • A school podcast that Kate is reluctant about hosting at first but then realizes she has a knack for it.
  • A classmate named Frank who's family has a rivalry with Kate's, but he wants to get along better with her.
  • Bonding over magazines at a tutoring center
  • Kate and her big family
  • A little brother named Max and a cousin named Liza with their own fair share of problems.
That's all I'll share for now! This was such a cute and fun book! Although it does get serious and dramatic in three of the chapters (one earlier chapter has a break-in at Kate's family business, for example. They do find out who did it though, towards the end)

If you're wondering what rating I gave this book, I gave it 4 stars out of 5. This is mostly because of the last few chapters. They were not bad by any means, because the book does have a happy ending, but I felt like the relationships of the book's official couples at the end felt a bit rushed, but that might just be me. 

I do recommend this book if you want a clean, nice, and breezy YA contemporary romance novel. 

Kasie West is now one of my favorite YA contemporary authors! I will definitely be reading more from her.

Also, you might have noticed that the picture above is of CA Cupid from Ever After High. Along with my love of reading, I like collecting dolls! I am planning on posting more about my dolls, too. 

Did you read Listen to Your Heart yet? If so, what did you think of it? If you also like dolls, what's your favorite doll franchise?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review