Intimidating TBR Tag

 This is a tag that's been around for a couple of years and I thought it would be perfect to do it now! Since, y'know, I have like 500 books on my TBR as of writing this...



1. A book on your TBR pile that you haven't finished.

For this I say I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith. So far what I read of this books is so good (gives off a lot of vibes similar to Anne of Green Gables), but for some reason, every time I read it, I only read a few chapters of it and then put it off for days or even weeks. I guess since the book is so good, I am trying to make it last longer so I can spend more time with it. But it's a stand-alone novel, and usually I can breeze through those in a few days. I dunno, it's weird! 🤷

2. A book you just haven't had the time for.

Elatsoe by Darcie Little Badger. I actually checked out this book twice from the library last year, but everytime I did I never read it. It's not that I lost interest...I think I was just not in the right mood for it. I really do want to read it someday because it's an urban fantasy with asexual and Indiginous representation, so it sounds right up my alley, but who knows when I will be in the mood for it.

3. A book you haven't read because it's a sequel. 

Anne of Windy Poplars by LM Montgomery. This is book 4 of the Anne series. I am planning on listening to the audiobook. Although the fact that I haven't read it yet doesn't intimidate me so much because I actually have planned out to read the rest of the Anne series with one book of the series every year. Seems odd to some, but I just feel more organized that way.

4. A book you haven't read because it's brand new.

Flip the Script by Lyla Lee. I read her first book I'll Be The One earlier this year and loved it, and she came out with this other book in May 2022. I will read it sometime, too, but who knows when. 

5. A book by an author you read but previously didn't like. 

A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I read the Secret Garden earlier this year and did not like it because it did a trope in the second half of the story that I totally despise (won't say what it is because of spoilers). I hope A Little Princess is exponentially better. 

6. A book on my TBR pile you're just not in the mood to read. 

A lot of them actually (then why are they on my TBR right now?! you're probably wondering). I guess I'll have to go with The Obsession by Nora Roberts. Apparently this is not just a romance novel, but it's also a thriller, and I don't usually reach for thrillers so I'm worried I'm not going to like this book that much. But Nora Roberts has written over 200 books, so I ought to like at least one of them!

7. A book on your TBR pile you haven't read because it's enormous. 

Wonderstruck by Brian Selznick. Most of his own books are pretty thick like this. They aren't hard to read since they're middle grade but they're soooo long. 

8. A book on your TBR that you bought because of the cover. 

This is actually a book I bought way back in middle school during a Scholastic Book Fair, and that's Cake Pop Crush by Suzanne Nelson. It has such a cute cover with a cake pop on the front, and that's why I bought it, but it's been sitting on my bookshelves for too long and I still haven't read it almost a decade later. I really need to! Maybe later this month or next month...stay tuned!

9. The book on your TBR that sounds the most intimidating. 

Again, a lot of them, but for now I will say Frenchman's Creek by Daphne du Maurier. It's a pirate book, and pirate stories are very hit or miss for me. I have heard a lot of good things about Daphne du Maurier's books, so maybe this book will actually be great! I also really want to read Rebecca by her.  

What are some books you currently have on your TBR? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review