Booksta Backstory Challenge Tag

 


I saw this tag over on the Instagram page of @jacobthebookworm , and I decided to do it, too! Just like the unpopular opinions tag (or every tag I decide to do), I might do this tag once every year as new people follow me.

1. When did you start your booksta/book blog? If you want the exact date, it's August 5th, 2022.

2. What made you start it? I wanted to connect with more people who might have similar reading tastes to me, so we can gush about our faves and give each other recommendations.

3. What inspired your username? I like candy and bunnies since they are cute things since I love all things cute, so that's why I meshed them together to get "Candy Bunny Reader". 

4. First review? Where the Mountain meet the Moon by Grace Lin! You can find that review here .

5. Favorite thing about booksta/book blogs? You can discover a bunch of books you never heard before that might become your favorites, or find people who share similar, if not, the exact same opinions as you when it comes to certain books/series. 

6. Booksta/book blogs made you buy? Here's the truth: I'm super cheap. I get like 90% of the  books I read from the library. I don't buy a book unless I've read it before and absolutely love it, or if I can't find it at the library, or if it's a childhood favorite, or if I'm gifted a book by a friend or family member. The majority of the books at my house are books I had since I was a kid, or they belong to my parents (and most of those are nonfiction books). 

7. Favorite booksta tag? So far it's the unpopular opinions book tag. 

8. Favorite recent read? Since I already said Where the Mountain Meets the Moon, I will go with I'll Be the One by Lyla Lee. 

Let me know what else you want to see from me on this blog! I know I didn't mention My Neighbor Totoro on this post, but I really wanted to share the artbook I got of the movie. I got it Animazement this year! Animazement is an anime convention that is in Raleigh, NC every year on Memorial Day weekend. It's always so much fun!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review