Book Blog Newbie Tag

 My very first post!!!

Hi. I'm the Candy Bunny Reader. I am currently 22 years old and I live in North Carolina (any fellow North Carolinians out there???). I majored in Marketing in college, and I have two minors in Creative Writing and French. I am an NC State Alum (Go Pack!).

This should definitely gain a lot of traction, yeah? (It will be embarrassing if it didn't. After all, I'm a marketing major). If you are reading this, thanks for coming to my site. 😀

Anyway, let's get started!

1. Why did you start this blog?

Obviously because of my love of reading! I have been watching Booktubers and looking at other Book Bloggers for a long time, but it was only until now that I decided it was about time to make my own. I got a lot of interesting opinions to share on books I like, books I dislike, and everything in between. Also to talk about marketing, especially tips and tricks for marketing books. 

2. What are some fun and unique things that you can bring to book blogging?

While this will primarily be a book blog, I want to throw in some other things into the mix. I was planning on spicing up this blog by throwing in maybe art that I make, stories about my life, and stuff about anime, or just random and relatable thoughts on any subject. I especially want to talk about marketing, especially digital marketing which is my specialty. Or other areas of marketing like understanding target demographics, consumer behavior, and good promotional material. When I start writing my first book, I want to make blog posts about the writing process, for anyone who is upcoming author like myself. We'll see! I know for sure throwing in other occasional content aside from talking about books might attract a wider audience. (Ooh, there goes my marketing brain again!) 

3. What are you most excited for this blog?

I am excited to give out book recommendations to anyone who reads this. I am also excited to engage with fans to hear their thoughts on anything I talk about and maybe get book recs from them to add to my TBR list (by the way, as of writing this, my TBR is 500 books long 😱). I'd really like to find people out there with similar reading tastes as me. 

4. Why do you like reading?

Because it's fun! I like reading things that are beautiful and resonate with me on a deep level, or just to laugh out loud to some funny campiness. Heck, I don't even know if there's a single answer to this question. It's like all hobbies out there. It's fun and it makes you feel good. 

5. What series got you into reading? 

Plenty of series. As a kid I loved Junie B. Jones, the Magic Tree House series, and Diary of a Wimpy Kid. As I got older, I literally fell in love with Anne of Green Gables. I have a couple of stand alone books I liked, too, but in terms of series, the ones I just mentioned are my favorites. 

6. What questions would you ask your favorite authors? 

I'd ask them what motivates them to write and who/what are their inspirations. I'd also ask them if they listen to music while writing. If they do, I'd then ask them what's their favorite music. 

7. What challenges do you think starting a blog will be the hardest to overcome?

Actually gaining traction and getting people to keep wanting to come back to my blog! I might be a marketing major, but that doesn't mean I'm perfect at gaining followers right away (ironic, huh?). 

8. When did you start reading?

I can' even remember! I think ever since I learned how to read, which was probably around four years old. 

9. Where do you read?

In my room. Reading outside of my room is tough because I get distracted too easily.

10. What kind of books do you like to read?

I honestly try to read from a variety of genres, but right now my favorite genres are contemporary romance, fantasy, and nonfiction.

That's all folks! Thank you for reading my very first post. Please comment below and let me know what kind of content you want to see from me, or just to welcome me to Book Blogging. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review