Favorite Anime Part 4!

 It's been a while since I talked about anime I liked! Here are 4 more. 

Parts 1-3 can be viewed here:

Part 1, Part 2, Part 3

1. One Piece

This is pretty obvious if you know me in real life. 😜 I don't need to explain what it is about since it's one of the best selling manga series of all time. Pretty much everyone knows what it's about.

2. Skip Beat!

A young woman named Kyoko follows her childhood friend Shu to the big city where he's become a star! Unfortunately, she finds out he was using her the whole time to boost his own career. Feeling hurt, she decides to get revenge on him by competing in show business as an actress. Along the way, Kyoko meets new friends, including one mysterious guy named Ren. She learns to start doing things for herself instead of trying to please others.

I've only watched the anime for this so far! I plan on reading the rest of the story through the manga sometime. 

3. Magic Knight Rayearth

In 1994 Tokyo, at the Tokyo Tower to be exact, three middle school girls named Hikaru, Umi, and Fuu all of a sudden get transported to a magical world called Cephiro which is falling apart due to the ruler, Princess Emeraude, getting kidnapped by High Priest Zagato. They have been summoned to become the Legendary Magic Knights to summon the Rune Gods to then save the princess. Their quest is not easy as they battle monsters, but also make new  friends along the way. It seems like a typical cutesy fantasy quest story at first, but it quickly turns into a darker, deconstruction story in the second half.  

This show is getting a reboot sometime in the future! I am planning on watching it.

4. Several Ghibli movies

I haven't seen all of the Ghibli library yet, but my favorite movies from them so far are: My Neighbor Totoro, Kiki's Delivery Service, Princess Mononoke, Ponyo, The Secret World of Arrietty, and Whisper of the Heart. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review