Adapatations that are Better than their Books!

Yup, sometimes the adaptations of popular books are better than the books themselves. Here are some adaptations of books I thought were better than their source material. And why.


1. The Princess Diaries-y'all know I didn't like the book for this one! This movie with Anne Hathaway and Julie Andrews is much more family-friendly. Plus, the characters are way more likable. 

2. Mary Poppins-I tried reading the book a few years ago and I DNF'd it because book Mary Poppins was so snooty and condescending for no good reason. The movie with Julie Andrews makes her a much more fun and nice nanny. 

3. Kiki's Delivery Service-well, the book for this one was still good, but I liked the simplicity and themes of the movie way more. Plus, my favorite character of the artist girl Ursula has a bigger role in the movie than in the book. 

4. The Last Unicorn-the book is still pretty good, but I didn't like Prince Lir! He's very pushy and obsessed with the unicorn/Lady Amalthea. The movie made him a nice, more respectful guy. 

5. Diary of a Wimpy Kid (just the first 3)-The books are a comfort series for me, but I liked how the first 3 movies made Greg more likable. And how some characters like Chirag, Fregley, and Holly have bigger roles. 

6. Cardcaptor Sakura-the anime gives more cards for Sakura to work with. Plus, the show removes or tones down some problematic elements the manga had.

7. Fruits Basket (Reboot)-like Sakura, the anime removes or tones down a lot of the problematic elements the original manga had. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review