THE TEA DRAGON SOCIETY


🎵I am so happy because I finally got around to reading this book!🎵

It took me so long to find this book be available at my local library and when I did see it, I snagged it as quickly as I could. 

The Tea Dragon Society by Kay O'Neill is about Greta, a girl who works at her parent's blacksmith shop, but it hasn't been doing so well since the tools that they make are less in demand. One day while walking outside, she rescues a little dragon, which happens to be a tea dragon owned by a family friend named Hesekiel. Tea dragons are special dragons that sprout leaves on their backs that can be used to make all kinds of tea, depending on what herb the dragon grows. When Greta returns the tea dragon to Hesekiel, she meets another girl about her age there who doesn't speak much and has memory loss. Her name is Minette, and she used to be a prophetess in training. Greta and Minette decide to hang out and become friends, and then they both learn more about raising tea dragons with Esekiel and his significant other, Erik. That's how they form their little "Tea Dragon Society".

I am pretty sure it has been said before since this book/its whole series is super popular, but this book was just soooo sweet and cute! It was a perfect cozy fantasy book. The artwork is gorgeous and their is also great LGBT and disability rep. I'd put it in the same realm as the Moomins books by Tove Jansson. They give off similar vibes.

So yeah, 5 stars. I will be reading the next few books! I wish tea dragons were real. I want the kind that can make oolong tea. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review