Midyear Freakout Tag

 Yeah, we are technically a little past the midyear point, but better late than never!

1. Best book you read so far this year? There's too many to pick! I guess I will have to go with Daughter of the Moon Goddess by Sue Lynn Tan.

2. Best sequel you read so far this year? Garlic and the Witch by Bree Paulsen

3. New releases you haven't read yet, but want to. Of course, I can't guarantee I will get around to them this year, but I have my eye on these three in particular: Imogen Obviously by Becky Albertalli, Deep as the Sea, Red as the Sky by Rita Chang-Eppig, and Emily Wilde's Encyclopedia of Fairies by Heather Fawcett.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year. Heartstopper Volume 5 by Alice Oseman!

5. Biggest disappointment of the year. Again, too many to name, but I will have to go with 2 of my DNFs: I Capture the Castle by Dodie Smith and The Tenant of Wildfell Hall by Anne Bronte

6. Biggest surprise of the year. Sorcery of Thorns by Margaret Rogerson.

7. Favorite new author: I'm kinda cheating with this answer because I did read one of her books waaay back when I was in middle school, but only this year I decided to read more of her books. And that is Sharon Creech!

8. Newest favorite character. So many! I will give you three answers, Snufkin from the Moomins by Tove Jansson, Richeh from Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama, and Luffy from One Piece by Eichiro Oda

9. Book that made you cry: Walk Two Moons by Sharon Creech! 

10. Book that made me happy: The Prince and the Dressmaker by Jen Wang

11. Most beautiful book you've bought so far this year (or received): Again, Daughter of the Moon Goddess. 

12. What books do you need to read by the end of the year? Sooo many! But these are my top 3 as of now: Ronia the Robber's Daughter by Astrid Lindgren, The Witch's Boy by Kelly Barnhill, and By Your Side by Kasie West. 

How has your reading been so far this year?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review