WITCH HAT ATELIER VOLUME 1 SPOILER FREE REVIEW!

 


I've seen this manga floating around the Internet for a while, but I've only picked it up now. It is so worth the read!

Witch Hat Atelier by Kamome Shirahama is a high fantasy series about a girl named Coco who is interested in magic. She is told she can't do magic because she was not born a witch, but she believes with the right tools and skills, she can become one. One day Coco plays around with a magical book and pen she got from a mysterious witch she met in a marketplace years ago, and she accidentally ruins her house and turns her mother into stone.  Master Qifrey, a man she met a few days earlier at her family's artisan shop, turns out to be a witch himself, and he takes Coco under his wing after seeing the damage she's done. She then starts studying magic at his atelier along with three other girls, and starts learning magic and other important life lessons along the way, and she hopes one day to return home and save her mother.

If this sounds like a whimsical fantasy story to you, that's because it is! I was so enchanted while reading this, and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. 

I gave is 5 stars. I have nothing else to say about it. I will be reading the rest of the series!

By the way, that doll is a mermaid plushie I got at the aquarium when I was younger. There are no mermaids in the series (yet), but I knew at some point I wanted to use her for a picture.

Do you like any fantasy stories that have a whimsical, enchanting vibe to them? 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review