Seance Tea Party Review


 I picked up this graphic novel on a whim, and it was perfect timing!

Seance Tea Party by Remina Yee is about Lora, a girl in middle school who is social outcast and doesn't have a large circle of friends. One day she does a séance in her house and she summons a ghost--who happens to be her old imaginary friend named Alexa. She spends a lot of time having magical adventures with Alexa. Everything seems fine--except Alexa seems to be hiding some secrets from Lora. At the same time, Lora is afraid to grow up. 

This book totally stole my heart--it had a wonderful story, wonderful messages, and the artwork is gorgeous! It reminded me of The Tea Dragon Society books by Kay O'Neill. If you are a fan of those books, check this out! 

But I did give it 4.5 stars, but that was just because of Alexa's backstory. I can't tell you what it is because of spoilers, but it might trigger some people. Either way, great book!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Last Cherry Blossom Review

I Started Reading the Call the Name of the Night manga series!

Bianca Torre is Afraid of Everything Review